Sunday, June 1, 2014

Thirty-third week Villa Rica, Mucho cafe

well I am pretty sure that no one is surprised to hear that I am no longer in Cerro de Pasco. I am now serving in Selva Central (jungle), and my area is Villa Rica. It is soooo pretty here. I really think that any person would just absolutely love it here. It is so green! But, it is so stinking hot and its weird to sweat so much here. I honestly never thought I would get the opportunity to serve in the Jungle. But, I know that I am a really lucky missionary. I got the pleasure to serve in the highest city in the world for 6 months, and now I am in the jungle. I am really happy to be here. It is such a blessing. My new companion is Hna Jensen. She is from Logan, Utah. I am really excited to be serving with her. I feel like we will have a lot of success together. This area is pretty small, but there is A LOT of work to be done here. I hope that Heavenly Father will help me to help this area progress. I have a big vision for the work of Salvation in the Jungle. A lot of members come and work here, but they go inactive because the church is not really big here. There are alot of small villages, and they are really far away. Lots of people find it almost impossible to stay active here. I want to change that for sure. I want this place to be as strong as the other areas I have served in. I am just anxious to see what the Lord has in store for this place, and for my companion and me. I feel very humble here. I pray everyday that the Lord will give me the strength needed to do great things here. I know that I cannot do this on my own. I need the Lord´s help. Boy do I need his help. I have come to realize that all of the success I have had on my mission is directly influenced on my humliity. If I ever think that I can do this on my own I get a very quick reminder from the Lord that it is not true. I can never do this on my own, because this is not my gospel; rather, it is His gospel. Well in about two days I received 52 bug bites and that was exciting haha. I guess they  just really like my blood.... I guess its a compliment? But, the biggest news is that I am no longer pasty white! In the past 3 days I have had in Villa Rica I have tanned rather nicely to be honest. My sister missionary tan is doing pretty good, and I wonder what it will look like in the future haha. I am proud of my mission tans... I am working hard. The work of Salvation halts for no one ,and I am trying to catch up with it.

con amor,

hna macias

fun facts:
1- everyone here grows coffee... even the members, and they sell it to Starbucks. 
2- The street have coffee beans on the tile moldings, haha.
3- I live in a coffee shop hahahaha

popping popcorn version of Villa Rica inspiratoion coffee

´you can take a handful and never sleep, a coffee bean that is never sweet¨ haha

No comments:

Post a Comment