Sunday, June 1, 2014

thirty seventh week short trip to Ecuador

Well, this whole week I have been in Lima, and its been a really interesting trip. Lima is so different than Huancayo. Its reminds me of Los Angeles in many ways. But its nice to see something different. I wonder how I will feel about the Los Angeles Airport or Los Angeles in couple of months... because its way bigger. Oh big cities. There are so many bad things, and yet so many good things like life. We flew out to Ecuador while in Lima.... that was so unexpected, and cool. I guess we needed to leave the country in order to renew our visa? Well, Ecuador truly does live up to its reputation it is really really hot. I made the mistake that day to wear long sleeves. I was dying! The biggest highlights of the trip where that while I was in the temple I bumped into my first visiting teachee from BYU Idaho. I saw Sharela in the temple with her husband. I knew she was from Peru, but she married a person from Texas and I never thought I would see her again.... especially in Lima when I serve in the mountains haha. It was so awesome seeing her! I couldnt believe it. Later on that same day I returned to the Lima temple to wait to do an endowment session, and my ward from Cerro de Pasco was there! They were there to do baptisms! What a crazy small world. What made me even happier was to see two of my converts waiting in line to enter the house of the Lord. It truly doesnt get any better than that. Being able to see those two teens with the other Latter-day Saint youth from Cerro assisting the temple. I thanked my Father in Heaven a lot for that sweet blessing. And our last miracle for the day was that I got to enter the temple. I was able to enter to the Celestial room and I got to sit there and simply let the spirit work within me. I felt tears in my eyes when the thought came that one day I will be in here united with my brothers, and my mother one day. I also have not lost hope that one day I will also be here with my Father. I also felt prompted to go into the sealing room, and I know that is where eternal new beginnings start. I know that it is there where the next chapter for my family begins. When my brothers, and I one day will be sealed to our eternal companions, and we being our individual journey back to the Father. I strive everyday to make that dream a reality. I am so thankful for the gospel, and I wish all these joyous blessings for my converts. This is where true joy can be found.

con amor,

hna macias

¨It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.¨ CS Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment