Sunday, June 1, 2014

thirty-second week My goal is to read all the scriptures

We had two baptisms! Jose and Piero were baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They couldnt be confirmed because it was stake conference. But this upcoming Sunday they will be confirmed and hopefully Jose will be ordained a Deacon. Many wonderful things are happening in Cerro de Pasco. This zone is a like a beehive. It is constantly busy, and many things are all occuring at once. I had an interview with my mission president, and it went awesome. I truly appreciate everything he does for me as a missionary, and for my other missionaries in the mision Peru Huancayo. We also had the privilege to do splits with Hermana Henderson. It was a lot of fun. Luckily we knew this ahead of time, and we decided to avoid steep hills, because its super hard to breath in Cerro when you are not used to the absence of air. But she did an amazing job keeping up with us. The biggest surprise was that she is not afraid of dogs... like at all. Which is amazing! Because there are a ton of them in my area and they all bite... and by all I seriously  mean all. My aim has definitely gotten better since I began to serve here for throwing rocks at them haha. Well this upcoming weekend we have 2 more baptisms planned. Brenda and Myshel will be making the baptismal convenant with our Heavenly Father. I am so excited for them. They are extraordinary young women, and they will become excellent mothers in Zion when the time comes. Also I am happy to report that I am almost done with the Doctrine and Covenants. I have a little over 15 pages left to read, and once I finish that I will move on to the Pearl of Great Price. Hopefully by the end of next transfer I will have finished the Pearl of Great Price, meaning that I finished reading the triple combination. My  next adventure will be to finish the Bible.. I want to finish all of the scriptures. Well, at least that is the goal. (: Well transfers are coming up tomorrow and I wonder where the wind will blow me. I am pretty certain that I will get transferred because I have been in my area 6 months. Its a hard thing to accept to be honest. I have grown to turly love my ward, and the people whom I serve. I really feel like I will be leaving part of my heart in San Juan. There is a 19 year old girl in our ward who is preparing to serve a mission in our ward who always accompanies my companion and I to our lessons. Her name is Leslie. Yesterday she told me something that truly touched my heart. She gave me a hug and said that she is said that I will be leaving. But she also said, `Sister Macias, you are the best missionary ever. Dont ever change. You have changed my life`. It was so hard to hold back the tears. I couldnt believe that I influenced her life, because she has changed mine. She is such an amazing example to me about being faithful in the church, service, humility, and love for our Father in Heaven. I have never met a person like her ever. Not in my stake back home, or even at BYU Idaho. I know with my whole heart that she is going to make the greatest missionary. The people she will meet on her mission will be highly blessed by her service, and she will be also. This is just one of the many examples I have in my ward in San Juan. There are so many good people here. I am grateful for the knowledge I have about eternal friendships. I know that I will see these people again. They will be my neighbors in the Celestial Kingdom. I cannot wait for that day.

con amor,

hna macias

No comments:

Post a Comment