Thursday, February 27, 2014





Well Hello!

Its been a long time I know since you have heard from me... ha. Anyway I am doing fine. This week has been a very rewarding week! I have been able to work diligently, and we have been able to help the members a lot. They have had a lot of activities, and they asked us to support them and we have. Luckily, these activities have been great for us as well, because Investigators have come. But, the most exciting part of this week is that we found a WHOLE FAMILY, and get this they want to be BAPTIZED... Like crazy news right?! Within 5 minutes of meeting we had asked them what they expected from us teaching them, and taking the lessons. Then they responded, ´¨I expect to be baptized in to the true church of Jesus Christ.¨¨ I couldnt believe it! And there is even better news! We found an investigator last minute on Sunday, and she is so interested in the church. Like when she saw us walking by she like flagged us down, and talked to us about how shes been looking for us. She wants to be baptized! I dont think I can express the joy my heart feels at the moment. These people have a sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ, and I can help them do that. There are just not enough words to describe the joy that comes from helping another come unto Christ. It is the greatest thing possible. Now, I want to share with you something that I had read in my personal study. Well, I am almost done with the BOM in Spanish for the first time, and I love it! I have like 50 pages left. But, anyway while reading through 3rd Nephi something caught my attention. When Jesus Christ comes to visit the Nephites He tells them to feel the wounds on his Hands, Feet and His side. I wondered, why does Christ have the wounds when He is a resurrected being? I remembered the promise that we receive in 2 Nephi that not a single hair will be missing on our head. As I was pondering this I began to read and search for an answer. Then I remembered a scripture in 1 Nephi 21:14-16. I finally realized that the reason why Christ still has the scars of His atonement is so that He can never forget what He has done for us. I am pretty sure that whenever He sees his wounds he is reminded of the love he has towards us, and it helps him become more merciful. But, I also realized that this works for us as well. Thanks to Him, and that single act of Kindness we can be with our families forever. We have been redeemed, and our future has so much more meaning now. I am trying to be more like Jesus Christ, and I want to live with him once more. Thank you for all of your help. Thank you for your support. You are truly amazing and an inspiration for me.

con amor,

Hna Macias

3 Nephi 21:10

 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, andmy Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
 15 For can awoman forget her sucking child, that she should nothave bcompassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may cforget,yet will not forget thee, house of Israel.
 16 Behold, have graven thee upon the apalms of my hands; thywalls are continually before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment