Sunday, January 19, 2014









Why Hello!!

Okay, things are going great in Peru! I had a really good new years. It wasnt anything crazy, but it was nice to be able to look back and reflect on 2013. I know that a lot of crucial things occured in 2013 that led up to me serving a mission. I have always wanted to serve a mission, but I was always scared to do it. I didnt want to serve because people expected me to serve, and not only that but I didnt want people pressuring me to go. I was having a really hard time deciding what to do. I had to so many options in front of me and I had to choose one. I was planning on moving to Provo because I had gotten accepted to BYU, and the BYU Law School wanted to work closely with me so that I could go there for law school. I was also dating someone at the time... I had losts of reasons to say no to the option of serving a mission. But I know that if it wasnt for the great family members I have, and my supportive group of friends I wouldnt be here. They helped me realize that I had received an answer from Heavenly Father. I am grateful for so many things. Thanks to this single decision I am now happier than I ever have been in my life. I am learning to be more like my Savior, and more importantly I am learning how to better serve the people who surround me. I always knew that the mission had the potential to change your life, but I didnt think it would have this much of an impact on mine. I have met so many great people in the short space of 5 months. I dont want to take forgranted the time I have in Peru. I want to work hard everyday. I know that this time of my life is sacred, and that it wont last forever. I want to cherish it as much as I can. I overall just want to be a better missionary. I dont want to stay the same through out my mission. There are always things that I can improve on, and there are always different ways that I can better serve the people of Peru. I am truly learning that it is never a mistake to love people. I have noticed that the more that I love the people here the better I serve them. I really dont think that I can describe what I am feeling right now. Just know that I am so happy. I am tired, but happy. There is no other place Id rather be than right here serving an honorable, faithful, and obedient mission for the Lord. I hope that we can all reflect on our past year, and try to find ways to improve. I also know that as we try to look for the hand of the Lord in everything we do our perspective on everything will change. I know that Heavenly Father lives, and that Jesus Christ lives because thanks to them everything around me testifies of their love for me. I know they are real because I feel their presence in my life hourly, and daily.

con amor,

hna macias

No comments:

Post a Comment