Monday, January 6, 2014

seventeenth week Navidad en Peru



Fam Bam, and Friends,
So the pizza from last week was awesome! They made it in an oven, so it was great appreciated! I havent had good pizza since I left, because all the pizza here is from the microwave haha. Anyway, christmas eve was fun. We spend the night with our pensionista and her family. Which, was really nice because it made us kind of feel like we were in family. We played monopoly for a really long time, and then we are paneton... which is fruitcake. I am not a fan of it, but Peruvians love it! So when in Peru, right? We also got permission to have the sisters over from an another area to spend christmas with us so that was fun! Also, the fireworks were really awesome! We could see them from our window, and they were beautiful! Its a different the Christmas here but you can still feel the spirit of Christ in many people homes. I just love this time of year. I look forward to spending it with all of you soon, but not too soon. But the biggest highlight of this week was being able to skype my family. I have really missed you all. It was incredible to see how far our family has gone since my brothers, and I decided to serve the Lord. I know now more than ever that I love my family. I never want to be away from them, and now my goal is to hopefully be sealed to them for time and all eternity. I know that everything is possible when we place our faith in the Lord, and His plan of Happiness for us. I know with all my heart that my Father will one day be baptized, and that my family will be sealed to one another in the Los Angeles temple. I try my best to live worthy of that dream I have, It was also nice to see my brothers! I think that I have missed them both the most. Its great to see the men of God they are becoming. They are such great examples to me. Knowing that Elder Macias in Nicaragua is serving as a Zone Leader is inspiring to see the love he has to share with people. It is also inspiring to see Elder Macias in Washington DC being called as Spanish AP after only being on the mission for 9 months. My brothers show me how to better serve my fellow man, they also show me how to be a better servant of the Lord. I hope to one day be like them. I am so proud to be a Macias.. I know that the Lord is helping us as we are trying to help bring His spirit children back to His presence. I know that this missionary work we are partaking of is a familuy affair. My family is spreading the gospel all over this part of the world, in north, central and south america.
I know this land is prepared to hear the gospel. I know that this gospel is real, and thats why I feel so much joy. My area is progressing, but we still are facing a lot of trials. But, I have come to realize alot this week that it is a privilege for me to be facing them. I have noticed that it is making me a better person, and it is showing me how to love péople better. It is also giving me a deeper appreciation for the love that our Savior must have for us. He spent His whole life serving others, and He constantly had trials. Not only did He have trials, but He endured them with faith never forgetting His purpose on earth. I like Him must remember why I am here. I am not here to breeze through missionary work. I am here to bear His burdens so that His great sacrifice never goes in vain. I am here to learn to be more like Him. I hope one day that I can be like Him.

con amor,

hna macias
thats my companions oxygen tank! its not mine haha I never used it but I really wanted a picture with it




 


No comments:

Post a Comment