Sunday, January 19, 2014

nineteenth week





Hello,

Well this week has been awesome! Me and my new companion are working really hard! This week we taught a lot of members, and investigators, and it was a very fulfilling week. There is nothing better than coming home every night tired knowing that I did my very best work for the Lord, and the people of San Juan. I am learning so much right now. I am learning alot about the potential we have as individuals, and as children of Heavenly Father. He loves us so much, and even though we are disobedient at times. He is so patient with me and tries to help me progress all the time. Pondering that makes me wonder why then I am not patient with myself. I learned this because we had 2 baptisms `planned for this week and they both fell through. The sister didnt show up to her interview, and then the brother had to change his date. His family is sick, and not in town. After speaking with him we decided that he shouldnt get baptized until his family returns to be with him, which will be next week (: But I did learn something about them both. Never give up. I learned to never give up on them, because they have sincere desires to follow the Savior. The Savior and Heavenly Father have neve given up on me, then why would I give up on my invetigators. I have come to love them so much, and I have grown to have charity towards them all. I feel like the reason I have learned this because I am noticing how much they are helping me to reach my full potential as a missionary, and servant of the Lord. I´m guessing thats how Heavenly Father feels about his children. He never gives up on us because he knows what we can become when we begin to have faith in him. Now potential is having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the future. Thats what I am learning to do right now. I am trying to gain the capacity to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. I am trying to develop true christlike attributes, and trying to have the actions of my Savior become my actions. I am trying to reach the potential that Heavenly Father knows I can reach. As I strive to reach for that potential I have noticed that I have a stronger desire to serve everyone around me. I want to help people come unto Christ, but I also want to help my fellow servants of the Lord reach their potential as well. I want them to become the best missionaries they can possible by supporting them in their needs, and helping them in everyway. I see my companion and I see the efforts shes making to teach great lessons, and it makes me love her more. I also see the effort my zone is making to love the people we are serving, and I want to help them love them even greater. Honestly, I am just filled with the love of our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ.

Alma 13:3-4

con amor,

hna macias

llama, llama, llama,llama haha

No comments:

Post a Comment