Sunday, January 5, 2014

fifteenth week Whats a blessing! This song I have listened to since I was 16 years old and it describes perfectly what I am feeling in my heart.

Family and friends,

How are you doing? I hope things are doing well in USA! So first I want to apologize for my english.. I am forgetting how to speak and write in english, and these foreign keyboards sure dont help out. Anway, lets see this week has been a whirlwind! It was my companion´s birthday this Tuesday. She turned 20 years old!! Some members in the ward through her a little birthday party because she was feeling super homesick. But the good news for her though was that I didnt get sick until after her birthday! Seriously, I know that it doesnt sound too much like a blessing but it is. My companion was so sad, and the only thing that got her happy ws the love the members should for her. I got sick with a sever stomach infection the day after! So I am happy that the timing was just right. I was in bed for 2 days. I was not allowed to go out and teach. And let me tell you... that pretty much killed me! But, yet again I know that I am of no use in this work when I can barely speak without throwing up. But I recovered fast, so no worries momma! We also had a baptism lined up for this week, but it fell through. Its alright though because I know that I have done everything possible for her to be baptized. Its all in the Lords hand now. Also, today there are transfers!!!! The president will be calling today to inform the missionaries of their new assignment of training a missionary. Then tomorrow we will be told if we get our areas switched. Its a crazy time in the Peru Huancayo Mission! But, its a fun time as well. Well, something that I want to talk to you about it about the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Lately, I have been thinking alot about the mercy He has showed my family over the years. He has allowed my parents to leave Mexico in the search for a better future, and they have found it. My parents are the definition of the american dream. He has allowed us to know the gospel, and most importantly he has given me an earthly father who has supported my mother, my brothers and myself in being active in the church despite not being a member. What a miracle. He has given me everything. It is now the time in my life that I can give my God, and my Savior everything. I feel so endebted to them both. I know that there is no way that I can repay them for so much love showed to me. I know that the only thing I can do is show the people of Peru the goodness of Heavenly Father and the blessings he has given my family. I am so happy. I am so grateful. I am humbled to know that I am a member of His church, and one of His servants. Whats a blessing! This song I have listened to since I was 16 years old and it describes perfectly what I am feeling in my heart.





I've never been the kind to testify
I don't have the words his truth deserves
But it's a simple thing he asks
A worthy heart and willing hands
He says if I'll make the choice
He'll help me find my voice

He calls me to serve and i cannot fail him
The one who has given me all that I have
I place my trust in him alone
He knows the yearnings of my soul
Because he believes in me
I will go willingly

Chorus:
How can I keep this gift to my self
When i can lift somebody else
I am(ill be) a witness of his miracles and his mercy
I put my future in his hands
Knowing he's made me all I am
(When) I put my faith in him the(and) truth begins to
speak
His power is real it moves me until i will not be
still

Lifting the hands that hang down in sorrow
Strengthening knees that bend in despair
Reaching the hopeless hearts who do not know his love
Seeing their lives begin to change
I know ill never be the same

His power is real
I trust in his will
I will not be still

I will not be still by Kenneth Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment