Monday, December 9, 2013

thirteenth week




hello friends and family what can I say about this week? Well we had a multi-zone in Huanuco and it was fun! There was 4 zones present and about like 10 companionships of sisters. It was nice to not be surounded by elders all the time haha. But the best part was that I got to see my favorite companion at the multi-zone! Hna Gale was my second companion in the mission, and I truly miss her. She is so funny and she is such a great missionary. It was her birthday, and I surprised her with some gifts nothing special, but something from the heart. After going to Huanuco we returned to Cerro, and to be honest I was so happy to be back. Huanuco is stinking hot, and I prefer the cold haha. Like at night it gets to 85 degrees, and needless to say I was dying of heat! Once I got back to Cerro my companion and I wanted to work really hard to have great numbers this week. We wanted to make up for the week we lost in Huancayo, and the 3 days we lost in Huanuco. Luckily, we were able to meet our goals with the help of our heavenly father. He is so good to us, and I have noticed that when I am more humble He blesses me more. We have been able to reactivate so many families, and it makes me so happy. We have also been finding a lot of golden investigators lately. But, the biggest blessing of all is that I will be having a baptism tomorrow! I am so happy! We have been praying alot for this investigator to be baptised and she will be. Her husband finally signed the permission slip, and she will be baptized tomorrow by the bishop. But, trials are always coming are way.  A couple things occurred that made us cry, and we were both really sad. . But, I am really grateful for this trial because it made me remember something really important. It made me remember my testimony, the first time I knew without a doubt in my heart that this is the true church of God. I was asking myself why I came out on my mission. Then I got the spiritual confirmation I got that afternoon when I was 15 years old. I am here because I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He is the redeemer of the Lord, and that it is through His atonement that I can return to my Heavenly Father^s presence. I also know that God lives, and that I am His daughter. Everything in this world testifies that there is a living and loving God, and that he exists. We are His children. He knows me better than any other person in the world. I am His Daughter. I knew coming to my mission that it wasnt going to be easy. That people would reject the message I have to share, and would reject the charity and love I have for them. I knew that if it was never easy for our Savior, then of course it would never be easy for Him. I am glad to be walking the same path He had to walk for our salvation. It is thanks to His unselfish love that we have been redeemed. It is thanks to Him that we have the opportunity to live once more. I have reason to walk tall, and proud because I am doing the things that the Savior would do if He were here on earth personally ministering to this people. He is the person that inspires me to keep pressing on despite how difficult this can be at times. I love being a missionary. I wouldnt trait this experience for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment