Thursday, October 31, 2013

Eigth week


  
Well I am pretty sure you will not be surprised when I tell you that there are a lot of drunks here in Peru. I have a great idea that would help them out economically and maybe just maybe make less drunks in Peru. They need to tax the heck out of all liquor! They can make a ton of money and the people here are pretty poor and will hopefully stop buying so much beer. Haha well thats my ingenious idea. Oh, and I forgot to mention that all the drunks here are bilengual! Haha well when I walk by they always want to speak english with me.. its kind of funny. Also, I want to thank you all for the letters I received last week! I received 6 letters, and needless to say I felt very loved. It was nice that they all came together! You are all the best family members, and friends anyone could ask for. I am so lucky to have you all in my life. Also, I need to share with you the highlight of my past week: Kraft Mac N Cheese! I spent 6 soles on a box because I was craving and it was the best decision of my life haha. It made me think of my poor BYUIdaho ways when I would eat it out of neccesity. It made me think of Kailey and how her and I when we couldnt eat anything else because we didnt have anything would eat that and chili. All I needed here was chili haha. Oh memories, they just make me smile. And, so.... remember how I am here on a tourist visa? Well they last 90 days and mine expires in 2 weeks... so I might have to go back to the USA and serve in a mission there until my residency comes through in Peru. But, we will see in these next 2 weeks I will either be in Lima for 4 days gaining my citizenship in Peru or I will be in Lima to catch a plane ride to America. I wouldnt worry much tho! The Lord knows that He is doing, and I will be happy with whatever the outcome. So I am pretty sure you have already noticed that this has been a really hard transfer for me. My companion and I do not get along, we had 2 baptisms fall through 5 minutes before the ordaninance, and we are struggling in finding people to teach. But, I do have one person who accepted a date! I have been teaching her since I have been serving in La Florida. She has been investigating the church for over a year, and wasnt able to get baptized because she wasnt married. But, she finally seperated from that man 1 month ago and she can get baptized! I am so happy because I finally feel like I am doing my job. She will be baptized the 2 of Novemeber. I love her. Her name is Katy and she is just wonderful. I am also teaching a little girl who is 9 and her name is Shira. Shes so sweet. Shes really poor but she is such a good daughter. She is always helping her mother in their little store which is their house. Their home is the size of my room. I am excited though, because she is progressing! She wants to get baptized and her mom is letting us teach her. We actually just taught her mom yesterday, and I think she might be interested in taking the lessons for herself! I am excited! I have known their family since I got here but it never occured to me to teach them. I am glad that the holy ghost prompted me to ask them if they were interested in talking to us more about Heavenly Father. Also... I love my pensionista! She is so sweet! She noticed that I havent been eating much and she decided to make me pasta twice this week! She figured I wasnt eating because I was sick of eating white rice, and potatoes. She was right! Haha I am so glad for her mothering ways and recognizing what I was in need of ha. Also... here is something funny that happened this week. I ate deodrant.. yeah dont judge me! It sounds a lot less dumb when you know why. I was eating an oreo during personal study, and I usually eat the cream seperately. After personal study I placed my book of mormon cover on top of my bed, and my deodrant was under it. I didnt know that though! I was putting on my makeup and after I picked up my book and saw what I thought to be oreo cream... I ate it and it wasnt oreo cream! I seriously almost died! It tasted so bad. ALSO BIGGEST NEWS OF THE WEEK. I FINISHED READING THE BOOK OF MORMON LAST WEEK! I did moronis promise again and I keep getting the same answer I got the first time I prayed about the divinity of the Book of Mormon. I love this book and I know that it is the word of God. My new goal is to read it in spanish and I am reading the New Testament in english. I am excited about this. Also, I am learning Quetchal which is the original language of Peru, and I am so excited! I am waiting for a Book of Mormon in Quetchal because some people here dont speak SPanish. I am excited to be trilingual! Also transfers are next week lets keep our fingers crossed for me! President told me that I might train and open a new area because there are 12 sisters coming in. He says I am ready.... lets see what the Lord thinks. I love you all!

hermana macias

14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
 15 For can a awoman forget her sucking child, that she should not have bcompassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may cforget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the apalms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

me and shira! Sorry the picture is so bad.. there was no light so it makes the picture kinda bad. But isnt she adorable!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment