Friday, September 27, 2013

I am happy to be serving the Lord!

This week has been super hard! It was our first week completely by ourselves without our trainer. But we have learned alot! Like we have found 2 whole families to teach and they have accepted a baptismal date! It is so awesome because I have been praying to find more investigators, and we found them! Its great!!! I have been trying so hard lately to be more humble, because I have come to realize that humility is the key to success in the mission. If you are not humble good flippin luck to you! For real! We have walked so much this week! Like to the point that my feet were bleeding a little bit, because of my shoes and how try my skin is in the mountain air. But, I am okay with that! I am happy to be serving the Lord! He never said it would be easy but he did say it would be worth it! And I can definitely tell you that it is so worth it! I have come home everyday this week completely exhausted! I just want to sleep but instead, I try to study during all my free time to help my investigators, and to become a better missionary.. Like seriously I wait til 10:30 to go to bed, and I study as soon as I wake up and wait to take a shower, and I also read while in the bathroom haha. You can never study too much or be too obedient. So this week as 9/11 and Hermana Gale and I asked our pensionista to make us hot dogs in order to help us through this hard time in our nations history... And she totally did it! haha it was awesome! Her and I got to eat legit hot dogs! Which is a nice break from all the rice they feed us, and potatoes! Oh also, I found 50 soles on the floor that day! It is so nice! Because thats all the money I get for the month, and I found it on the floor! But, I am going to use it today to buy my pensionista flowers, because she is so good to us. She is always feeding us and helping us... and she actually cooks a lot for us compared to other pensionistas! Like some missionaries literally just eat like a boiled egg and avena.... thats it for breakfast and dinner. Also, this week we had a missionary activity because our ward does not care about la obra misional ( I forgot how to say it in english), and we had a movie night. The point is to have one of these activities every week, and for them to invite investigators for us to meet. This week we watched the other side of heaven. Hermana Gale and I were super happy to watch a movie! We were so happy because we thought it would be in english with subtitles in spanish... and it wasnt and it ended up making us super trunky! Like they talked about BYU, dating, marriage, going home, and it just made us trunky! Haha like there is a part where they kiss and her and I had to turn around to not see it, and the ward thought we were trying to be funny... but literally we did it because we knew it would make us miss home.. and our old lives... like being able to hang out with boys by myself without a babysitter haha. Also, mom good luck with your talk in stake conference! I know youll dp great because youre a macias! We had stake conference this week, and it was odd because its for all of peru and its from salt lake. The leaders in the stake dont speak, its literally just a thing they watch. But the talks were awesome! Two apostles spoke and the second counselor of relief society.

Love,

Hermana Macias 

1 Timothy 4:12-15


 
                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment