Friday, September 27, 2013

Fourth week

Where to start this week has been awesome! Its been hard but awesome! Like last pday we spent it with Sister Henderson! She helped us make brownies! They were so delicious! My favorite part of that pday was the fact that I got to wear President Hendersons apron... its like I was mission president for a day haha. I love them so much! It has been raining so much here! Like it is so odd.. its super hot, and it rains.. or its super hot and its way cold in the shade. Its like my poor body doesnt know what to feel exactly haha. Like it has given me the sniffles a little bit, but dont worry I am taking care of myself, because a sick missionary is a no good missionary because it makes it super hard to teach! My companion has been sick all week, and its super hard to watch. But, shes great she doesnt let that stop her from working hard. I love our companionship because we both try our hardest everyday to serve the Lord, and the people of our area. So... I am pretty sure I have told you before a mexican family moved into my ward! They are a tender mercy of the lord for sure. I have been praying everyday for the lord to help us and try to get the members excited about missionary work, and then they moved into the ward! The two daughters want to go out with us and do splits! They are the best and the mom wants to have FHE at her place all the time and she wants us to invite our investgators. Can you say blessings? I love their family.. and I feel like the Lord sent them my way to help me not get homesick. I love speaking to them whenever I see them because they are so warm and sweet. They make me miss my parents less, and they want to cook  me mexican food.. which is sweet because I wont miss home so much. `Peru is great, but the mexican culture is so different and the people are warmer. But, what can you do... I am going to show them what it means to me a mexican american haha.. despite that I am so white.. A lot of people dont believe me when I tell them my parents are latinos... darn my whitenesS haha. Also, I baptized a family on saturday! A mother and her two kids! It was awesome! I have been here since the beginning and its great to see someone change their live for the better. Its amazing to see their faith grow when you look into their eyes when they are bearing their testimony. That family is so special to me because it makes me think of our family. My mom and my brothers and I decided to get baptized and I know that it has been the greatest decision we have ever made! Having the privilige to serve alongside my brothers is a blessing because we are working together to bring people unto christ. I am so glad I was born into a righteous loving family that loves the gospel. I am glad that my dad has helped raise his kids in the gospel, despite him not being a member. I know he is a great man, and I am so glad he allowed us to be raised in the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, guys I have a baptism today for a young woman who is amazing! I love teaching her because she is so strong! Also... rumor has it that I am training this transfer! One of the sister training leaders told me that... and I hope not I do not feel ready! My very own training is not even over yet! But the Lord knows better than I do, and if he says I am ready then I must be. All I know is that I am going to need your prayers if I am going to train. I want to be a good trainer.
love,
hermana macias
Alma 32:27 this goes great with the talk Lord I believe by Elder Holland!







No comments:

Post a Comment