Sunday, August 25, 2013

Second week

Ok,

Guys, I finally left the MTC! I have been in my first area for about a week. I am in a trio! I love it. I have one latina comp, and one american comp. Hermana Bazan and Hermana Gale. I am serving in La Florida in Huancayo! I am sooo grateful that I am in this area because I didnt have to travel for much. It took me 6 hours to get here from the MTC! Crazy, right? Ok, so where to start. Peru is like Idaho and Utah in the sense that there are alot of members here! Like tons of people here are members, it is pretty cool actually. But, sad at the same time because a lot of the people are also inactive. I have a pensionista, and she is wonderful! Her name is Giovanna and she is a member. She has two daughters, and her life is so hard. Her husband is abusive, and he drinks... She just got seperated from him. I hope that all the blessings possible come to her life. She is a good cook.. BUT the food here gets me sick. My stomach is always in pain.. it´s awful. Like I either have the nuncas (I cant go to the bathroom) or the siempres (diarrehea). All the Americans here are always getting sick and running to the bathroom. Now, my ward is very interesting. Our bishop doesnt really like the missionaries. I dont know why... But, I am making it my personal goal to make him love the missionaries and love missionary work. My companions keep saying that it will never happen, and we have a bet. If I get the bishop even a little more interested in missionary work I will get candy, and if I fail I will get them candy. Please pray for me.. because I want our ward to grow! Anyway, Peru is interesting that people here are very very open! Like I have seen so many women breast feeding everywhere, and I saw a man peeing yesterday in the middle of the road! Like it was normal! Luckily, I didnt see anything. Me and My american comp are constantly getting stared at here. Like no matter where we go her and I get whistled at. I feel a little unsafe to be honest, but the Lord will protect us. Like no one is out in the streets pass like 7 other than the drunks, and whenever we are walking we try to stay together as much as possible.
But, the people here are so poor. It makes me sad.. alot of our members are not doing so hot financially and there homes are dirty and small. But, whenever I see their faithfulness it motivates me and makes me want to be a better member! 
I am teaching this family who is very special! They are going to be baptized in 2 weeks! Can you believe it I have my first converts already (: Sonia, Miguel, Mauricio, Paolo, and Leyla.
I just want to tell you all that I know that this is the true church, the same church that Chrsit organized when he was on earth. I love my Father in Heaven for all of the blessings and trials he gives me. I know that with his help I can overcome everything and anything. I am so grateful for my parents, and my brothers and the examples they are to me. I know that Christ lives and he is my Savior. I want to be like him one day. 

And trusting my all to thy tender care I´ll do thy will with a heart sincere I´ll be what you want me to be..... my motto for life and even more now as a servant of the Lord.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Macias

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Karen! Keep up the good work and soak up as much as you can. I love my mission and hold it dear to me. That is unfortunate about the bathroom problem. I never really had to worry about that. hahaha no matter, you will have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete