Sunday, June 30, 2013

Walking By Faith

There comes a point in your life when you are walking by complete faith. The path ahead is completely wild, and dark, but you keep walking because Heavenly Father has told you to proceed. The end of the path may not be what you wanted, and it could be less than ideal, but it's what He knows is best. Well, I don't want to get too personal but I do not know what's going to happen when I come back from my mission. I won't explain what on here, but I feel like I have come to that point in my life. One of the reasons why I was so hesitant about my mission was because I did not know what I was going to come home to. I have noticed more than ever this week that I still do not know if the situation will remain the same, get worse or go back to what it once was. But, I have finally realized that I am okay with whatever the outcome. While on my mission I will be doing what Heavenly Father has commanded me to do, and I know that everything will be ok; one way or another.
There is a hymn that we sing in church that has taken on a completely new meaning to me. I have come to find a lot of solace in it. The hymn is "I Will Go Where You Want Me To Go". There is a verse that has touched my heart, and it says, "So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing that thou lovest me; I'll do thy will with a heart sincere: I'll be what you want me to be". I am going on my mission with complete confidence that it is what I am meant to do at this point in my life. I am showing complete utter confidence in my Heavenly Father, and I have that confidence because I know He loves me. I know that nothing in this life will be constant, but our relationship with our Heavenly Father. But that relationship is completely on our choice to have Him present.
I have made it a personal choice to do whatever I am commanded to do by my Father in Heaven; even if I do not understand why. Trust me, it is a characteristic that has taken a lot of patience to receive, and humility. But, I wouldn't want anything else but to show Him that I have completely faith in His plan. I am already learning a lot from my mission, and I am so glad that I am going.
I walk by faith, and I walk in confidence, because I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are walking beside me.
I am so grateful for a loving and kind Father in Heaven who is mindful of my life, and is giving me guidance to make choices that will ultimately make me happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment