Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Lord Qualifies Those He Calls

I absolutely love it when Heavenly Father teaches me lessons through others! For the past few weeks I have been writing my roommate Kailey letters in preparation for her mission. This week's letter was very special to me, because I learned so much from studying, and writing the letter.
There are some days when I do not trust in my capability to become a servant of the Lord. I have so many flaws, and I am such an imperfect human being. How in the world am I suppose represent the only perfect person to have existed when I am so imperfect? The thought scares me to the very center of my being. I want to bring justice to His name, and of His memory, and there are days when I do not feel like I am good enough.
I have come to realize that the Lord is preparing me to serve His mission in so many ways that I never considered. This has been the most humbling experience in my life, and I am so glad to be starting the journey. I have come to the realization that I can truly do nothing without my Heavenly Father, and my brother Jesus Christ. Everything I accomplish in this life is a manifestation of His reality, and His love towards us. My ultimate goal while on my mission is to give all glory to my Father in Heaven. Every good thing that will come from my mission is because of His love, His mercy, and His attentiveness. The key to missionary work is humility. When you are humble you are willing to be taught by the Spirit, and align your will with Heavenly Father's. In missionary work, if you are not humble, then you are not capable of being taught, and if you are not teachable then you will not be used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. Ultimately, isn't that the whole goal in a mission? I believe it is! The whole reason you go on a mission is to teach people the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and to be used to bless lives, and testify that He lives.
As I mature in the gospel, and strengthen my testimony I have come to understand that I am the happiest when I am sharing the gospel. There is no other way I would prefer to live my life other than living it for my Savior and my Father in Heaven. President Heber J. Grant once said, “I believe there is nothing in all the world that can compare with the joy that a man feels when he realizes that he has been the instrument in the hands of the living God of reaching some honest heart, inspiring in it a love of God and the desire to serve Him”. I love this quote! This quote I have had on my facebook since I was 18 years old, and I don't think it could have been said any better. True joy in this life is experienced when you are bring used to share the gospel, and bare witness to others of the love of God. I have come to realize that I learn the most and prepare the best for my mission the more I recognize that I can do nothing by myself.

" I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way"
1 Nephi 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment