Thursday, June 6, 2013

He Loves Us Perfectly

It is amazing to think that our Heavenly Father loves us so much, while still knowing our deepest faults. Really, think about. Can you truly say that you love somebody completely, and still know every imperfection in their life, every mistake they've done, and know every thought that has ever past their mind. Can you really say you love them endlessly while knowing all that? I believe that no one other than our Heavenly Father can love us more perfectly, because He knows everything about us. I love to quote things (Like really I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to quote everything and anything). My all-time favorite person to quote is Mr. C.S Lewis! He's the best! One of my favorite quotes from him says, "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because He has forgiven the inexcusable in you". I love that! Because it is true. Our Heavenly Father  chooses to love us despite how flawed we are. He chooses to always see the potential we have in our future rather than dwelling in our past. The best thing about His love is that He is always willing to give a second chance.
I had a religion professor at BYU-Idaho once say in class, "If you get God wrong, you get everything wrong". I never truly understood what he meant by that until the semester kept going, and this is a perfect example. I know the true nature of my Father in Heaven. I know that He is a caring, gentle, loving, endearing, and merciful Father who loves His children. Heavenly Father's joy is founded on our success, and our safe return to live with Him once more (Mosiah 1:39 ). If that doesn't say love, then I do not know what does. I have a very deep relationship with my Father in Heaven, because I know that  He loves me, and I love Him. I know who I am to Him. I am not just another spirit that He created and sent to this earth to suffer for the "original sin". Rather, I know that I am a "beloved DAUGHTER of a Heavenly Father who loves me, and I love Him". I also know why I am here on earth. I am here on earth not as a punishment, but as a gift from my Heavenly Father. Thanks to my decision to follow Him and Jesus Christ's plan I was given a body, and this mortal existence to succeed and hopefully one day become like Him.
This fundamental truth I hold near, and dear to my heart, because I know it is true. I know who I am, and most importantly, I know what I mean to Heavenly Father. I mean the world to Him, and more. Nothing I do, no mistake I have or will commit can ever take away my Father's love for me. This knowledge brings a confidence in my life, because it is something that no one can ever take from me. No matter what I encounter in this life I know that I am never alone. He is always with me, and I can always trust in Him and know that everything will turn out fine. I know it's true, because I have felt His love for me everyday in my life, and I am excited to share this with the people of Perú.

"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not"- C.S Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment