Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Errand of Angels

I LOVE SISTER MISSIONARIES! Really, I love them all so much! I believe that sister missionaries play a crucial part in spreading the gospel. I say this because most of my life I have been surrounded by many beautiful, amazing, and sweet sisters. I also believe that those very sisters that I mentioned prior have played a crucial part in my decision to serve a mission.
Sister missionaries have a tenderness, and sweetness about them that can reach homes that many elders would not be able to. Naturally as women Heavenly Father has given us certain traits that are especially unique to us. Those traits in particular are the key successes of a sister missionary. I have personally experienced this with many of the sisters I have met in my life. Now, why are sister missionaries so different? Well, first of all sister missionaries were called of our Heavenly Father to be representatives of Jesus Christ. Second, they are women of God, and as women of God they are different in a beautiful way. Sister Margaret D. Nadauld gave a talk titled, "The Joy of Womanhood". In this talk I believe she explained very well the reasons why sister missionaries are so special when it comes to missionary work; "Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity".
Now, sister missionaries have played a crucial role in my decision to serve a mission because of their example to me. Ever since I was young I looked up to the sisters so much! I thought they were the most amazing girls I could have ever met. I wanted to be just like them! I drew a picture once when I was 11 years old and it was a picture of me as a sister missionary. I loved seeing them everywhere! They were my idols. As I got older I began to become really good friends with the sisters. I was able to see the side to them that was uniquely theirs. If it wasn't for that bond I developed with the sisters I would have never begun to go out with them and teach lessons. I enjoyed all of the moments I had with them. Once I graduated highschool and I started college at Brigham Young University-Idaho it finally hit me, "wow, I can actually hang out with them as just normal people, and they have first names!'. My friendships with these sisters continued after their missions. I loved being able to talk to them, and see another side to them that I didn't see on their mission. As I began to contemplate about my mission I was able to confide in them, and they gave me the best advice. They had so many words of encouragement for me that allowed me to continue in my decision to serve the Lord. Now that I have my call and I am anxiously waiting to serve my mission I have their examples to motivate me. I want to be a sister missionary just like them. I want to love the people like they loved me and my family. I have a special place in my heart for all of the sisters I have ever met. They have changed my life for the better, and they have influenced me. Their decision to serve a mission is having a large ripple effect, because I am now serving a mission and I will hopefully bring others to the gospel. Everything I know about sister missionaries, and how to connect with my investigators I have learned from them. I hope I can be like them, because if I am then I know I will be a successful missionary. I hope that they know how much I love them, and how much I still look up to them. They are some of the most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure to meet. This also applies to all of the soon-to-be sister missionaries I have met thus far in my life. The humility they demonstrate is inspiring, and motivating.




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. Thank you so much for posting it so I could read it! I still tell mission stories every chance I get: some of my favorites include your amazing family. You will be a fantastic missionary. Your future companions are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete